The Christmas season is just around the corner, and many of us are looking forward to festive celebrations and delicious meals. Dressing up for parties, having big family reunions, preparing your presents, sounds great right?
Well, if you’re worried that you’re carrying a little extra weight in the run up to the holiday season, then everything that comes along with Christmas is difficult to get excited for.
Diet and exercise alone can help some people with their seasonal weight loss, but for many they are simply not enough. Hormone levels, genetics, and metabolism all have the potential to stymie successful weight loss transformations, making us wonder why we aren’t losing weight.
But do not fear, Bodyline’s 17 years of experience in helping people shift their stubborn weight is here and could be the answer to your Christmas prayers! We’ve helped thousands of people completely transform their bodies with thanks to our lifechanging oral weight loss medications, including Phentermine and Diethylpropion.
Bodyline have successfully treated over 75,000 clients with Phentermine. It remains as one of our most successful hunger suppressant pills – and will help you to lose weight for good. Studies have shown users of Phentermine reduced their weight by 9.3% on average in a 14-week period when coupled with a reduced caloric diet and increased exercise.
And now, in the run up to Christmas, Bodyline’s fully supportive and holistic approach to weight loss could help you. With a few simple strategies and lifestyle changes, you can make progress towards a healthier you.
Contact Bodyline today to find out more about our safe and effective weight loss programmes and range of treatment options.
"*" indicates required fields
Here are 10 tips to help you lose weight before Christmas
- Set Realistic Goals: Start by setting achievable weight loss goals for yourself. Aim for gradual and sustainable weight loss rather than drastic changes. Remember, slow and steady wins the race. We’ve seen clients using our oral weight loss treatments lose up to a stone in their first month, but they’ve worked hard for it. Focus less on the numbers on the scale, and more on the way you feel within when eating better and moving more; the weight will drop off without you even realising.
- Create a Plan: Develop a well-rounded weight loss plan that includes a balanced diet, regular exercise, and healthy lifestyle habits alongside your medical weight loss treatments. Specialized weight management clinics like us at Bodyline offer holistic approaches in fully supported programmes and create personalized plans that fits your lifestyle and needs.
- Prioritize Nutrition: Focus on consuming nutrient-dense foods that nourish your body. Protein is incredibly important during weight loss journeys, it keeps you fuller for longer, reduces snacking, and increases levels of GLP-1 hormones naturally produced in the body. By eating more lean protein, fruits, vegetables, and fibre, and avoiding ultra-processed foods high in salt and sugar, you won’t just lose weight, but you’ll also have more energy and feel less need to snack.
- Practice Portion Control: Be mindful of portion sizes, especially during celebratory meals leading up to Christmas. Using smaller plates and bowls can help control your portions but also can trick your mind into thinking you’re eating more than you are. Listen to your body’s hunger and fullness cues, and eat until you’re satisfied, not overly stuffed – especially when using Bodyline’s oral weight loss medications.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water throughout the day. We advise 2-3 litres of water each day to fill you up. Additionally, sometimes we mistake thirst for hunger, so staying hydrated can help prevent unnecessary snacking. Limit your intake of sugary drinks and alcohol, which can significantly impact your ability to successfully lose weight.
- Get Moving: Incorporate regular physical activity into your routine. Aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise per week, along with strength training exercises. Find activities that you enjoy, such as walking, swimming, or dancing so it doesn’t feel like such a chore.
- Manage Stress: The run up to Christmas can be stressful – all the presents, planning, and parties can really overwhelm the to-do lists. Stress is a surefire way to cause emotional overeating so it’s important to find healthy ways to manage stress, such as practicing mindfulness, deep breathing exercises, or engaging in hobbies that bring you joy.
- Get Enough Sleep: Prioritize quality sleep as it plays a crucial role in weight management. Sleep deprivation can increase the likelihood of obesity and type-2 diabetes and is predicted to be caused by “Western diets” consisting of processed foods. Sounds like a catch-22! Always try to aim for 7-9 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night. Lack of sleep can disrupt your metabolism and increase cravings for unhealthy foods.
- Ensure You Are Supported: Surround yourself with a supportive network of friends and family and make use of the fully supported nature of Bodyline’s medical weight loss programmes. Having a support system can provide encouragement, accountability, and motivation on your weight loss journey.
- Stay Consistent: Consistency is key when it comes to weight loss. Stick to your plan, even during the holiday season. Remember that occasional indulgences are okay but try to make healthier choices overall.
Losing weight before Christmas is possible with dedication, discipline, and a positive mindset alongside Bodyline’s medical weight loss programmes. By implementing these 10 tips, you can make progress towards your weight loss goals and start the new year feeling healthier and happier.
Remember, you don’t have to go through your weight loss journey alone. Bodyline is here to support you with personalized programmes and expert guidance. Contact us today at 0800 995 6036 or fill in our online contact form to learn more about our comprehensive weight loss services.
Wishing you a happy and healthy holiday season!