Do weight loss pills work? This is a question that many people in the UK are asking, as the obesity rate continues to rise. According to recent studies, almost two-thirds of adults in the UK are overweight or obese. This is a major health concern, and many people are looking for ways to lose weight safely and effectively. Weight loss pills have become increasingly popular over the past few years, but do they really work? In this blog post, we will discuss the pros and cons of weight loss pills and help you decide if they are right for you.
What weight loss pills are available in the UK?
There are a range of weight loss pills available in the UK, but not all of them are licensed for use. This means that they have not been tested or approved by the MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency). Weight loss pills that are available in the UK include:
- Alli – a reduced-strength version of a prescription drug that is available over the counter
- Xenical – a prescription weight loss pill that is also used to treat epilepsy and type II diabetes
- Appesat – a seaweed extract supplement that is available over the counter
- Orlistat – a prescription weight loss pill that is also used to treat obesity-related conditions such as hypertension and dyslipidemia
What weight loss pills may be prescribed by Bodyline clinic?
- Phentermine – This medication is used to help you lose weight by suppressing your appetite.
- Diethylpropion – This medication is used to help you lose weight by reducing your hunger.
- Liraglutide/ Saxenda – This medication is used to help you lose weight by increasing your feeling of fullness.
- MySimba – This is a medication to reduce food cravings. Mysimba is a fusion of two drugs, 7.2mg of naltrexone and 7.8mg of bupropion.
What are the pros of weight loss pills?
There are a number of pros of weight loss pills, including:
- Weight loss pills can help you lose weight quickly as part of programme of treatment when prescribed by one of our professionals
- Weight loss pills can help you lose weight while making positive changes to your lifestyle, diet and exercise habits. We will help you with all three areas as part of our treatment.
- Weight loss pills can help you lose weight safely and effectively. A medical weight loss expert at Bodyline will be with you every step of the way.
- Weight loss pills can help you to keep the weight off in the long term.
What are the cons of weight loss pills?
There are also a some cons when considering if weight loss pills are right for you:
- Weight loss pills are not a magic bullet and will not work unless you make positive changes to your lifestyle, diet and exercise habits.
- Weight loss pills can have side effects, such as headaches, dizziness, dry mouth and constipation.
- Weight loss pills are not suitable for everyone and should only be used under the guidance of a medical professional.
If you are considering taking weight loss pills, it is important to speak to a medical professional first. They will be able to advise you on whether weight loss pills are right for you and, if so, which ones would be most suitable. At Bodyline, our team of medical experts will be with you every step of the way, helping you to lose weight safely and effectively. Contact us today to book a consultation.