Sprouts are often something people remember their gran boiling in the kitchen at Christmas, giving the whole house an interesting aroma! But roasting Brussel sprouts give a pretty mundane vegetable, some real character. See below a quick, easy and really tasty recipe for the amazing food that helps weight loss – Sprouts!
Sprouts are one the best foods to consume when you are watching the pounds. They are high in nutrients but have negligible calories which mean that you can consume sprouts without the worry. Furthermore, sprouts contain a high amount of fibre, so this is great for making you feel full for a longer period of time.
Roasted Raisin Sprouts:
- Chop off the ends of a bag of sprouts.
- Pull a few layers off each one.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Cover in a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add a glug of balsamic vinegar.
- Add a handful of raisins.
- Add a handful of pecans or walnuts.
- Toss all the ingredients into a tray
- Bake for 25 minutes on 190 degrees.
*You can also add some smoky bacon lardons if everyone is a meat eater!