Summer is usually the time when our freezers are stocked with ice creams and lollies and the temptation to tuck in when the sun is shining can be too much to resist but if you’re trying to stick to your diet plan this summer, you’re going to need some go-to, healthy dessert ideas to keep you on track.
Here are 5 of our favourite healthy dessert recipes that are quick to make and delicious to eat – even if everyone else is on the ice creams!
The taste of summer for many, Eton Mess is a classic creamy and fruity dessert option and here’s how you can make it without all the extra calories:
1 x Meringue Nest
13g Light Squirty Cream
1 x Shortbread Finger
Total Calories: 248
- Wash and prepare your berries, chopping your strawberries into smaller pieces.
- Crush your meringue nest and shortbread biscuit in a bowl and mix, so the pieces are combined.
- Add your meringue and biscuit to a serving glass or bowl and add your ¾ of your berries on top.
- Add your cream and top with the rest of your berries.
- Keep in the fridge for later or enjoy now!
Low Fat Lemon Cheesecake Pots
Lemon and cream cheese is a match made in heaven, but cheesecake generally doesn’t fit into the diet plan. However, these low-fat deconstructed lemon cheesecakes can be enjoyed even if you’re trying to lose weight.
3 x Ginger Nut Biscuits
30g Light Cream Cheese
30g Low Fat Quark
50g Fat Free Greek Yoghurt
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
15g Lemon Curd
Total Calories: 259.5
- Mix together your cream cheese, quark and yoghurt, adding the vanilla extract and a little sweetener if required.
- Place your cheese filling in a serving glass or bowl before adding in your lemon curd and swirling through the cheese mixture.
- Crumble your biscuits on top and place in the fridge to chill.
- Enjoy a couple of hours later.
Banana Ice Cream Sandwiches
Ice cream doesn’t have to be entirely off the menu if you combine this healthy and easy homemade banana ice cream method with a few extra bits and bobs for a super sweet ice cream sandwich.
For the Ice Cream:
4 Ripe Bananas
3-4 Tablespoons Milk
2 x Light Digestives
1 Teaspoons Toffee/Caramel Sauce
- To make your ice cream, you simply need to slice your bananas into chunks and lay flat on a tray and freeze for over an hour. Once frozen, pop your bananas in a blender with the milk until creamy. You can eat this straight away, but we recommend popping it back in the freezer for half an hour.
- To make your sandwich, place a scoop of the ice cream on one of your biscuits before drizzling your caramel sauce over the top of the ice cream.
- Place your other biscuit on top and enjoy!
Low Calorie Chocolate Trifle
With the help of this recipe, there’s no need to say no to chocolatey desserts just because you’re on a diet.
92g Chocolate Angel Delight – Made As Per Instructions
13g Light Squirty Cream
1 x Jaffa Cake Biscuit
5g Dark Chocolate Chips
- Make your Angel Delight or whipped mousse dessert per the ingredients on the packet and leave in the fridge to set.
- Once set, you can construct your trifle. Place the Jaffa Cake in the bottom of your serving dish or glass before spooning the angel delight on top.
- Add the cream on top of the mousse and then sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
- Leave in the fridge for later or enjoy straight away.
Chunky Fruit Lollies
There’s nothing better than a refreshing ice lolly when the weather is hot, so why not try out the chunky fruit lollies and make it one of your 5 a day?
Smooth Orange Juice
Apple and Raspberry Juice
- Whichever flavour combination you choose, you need to prepare and chop your fruits into small pieces.
- Place your chopped up fruit into an ice lolly mould, ensuring they aren’t packed in too tightly but the mould is well filled.
- Fill the mould with the juice or liquid of your choice.
- Pop into the freezer until frozen solid.
- Enjoy on a sunny day!
So, there are 5 easy and healthy pudding recipes that are perfect for all ages to enjoy this summer!