Thank you for showing an interest in our Bodyline Clinics. Please complete the form below and we will be in touch to arrange your free initial consultation.
Published: 25th February 2019
|As Pancake Day approaches, we want to share our totally scrumptious pancake recipe that will keep you on plan but allow you to enjoy this celebration of all things fluffy and filling! – P.S. it’s Syn free too!
When you look at pancakes available on the supermarket shelves or at any restaurant they are not only full of sugar and fat to start with, but they are layered or loaded with additional calories and sweet treats. So, to enable you to eat the things we all love at this time of year, we have put together our own version of the family favourite – American Style pancakes but without the nasties!
This recipe is not only healthier than pre-made packages – but also quick and easy to follow – allowing the little chefs in the family the chance to enjoy creating, flipping and eating them as a delicious treat.
So, if you’re looking for the best pancakes around – and ones that work for those on a weight loss plan – you’ve found them!
Prep and Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 4 People
American Style Pancake Ingredients:
· 2 eggs
· 40g of oatmeal/oats
· 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) of fat-free Greek yoghurt
· 1 tea spoon of vanilla extract
· 3/4 tablespoon of sukin:1 or another sweetener of choice
· 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
· cooking oil spray (we like to use coconut for these)
How to Make American Style Pancakes:
1. Add the oats to a blender and grind into a fine powder.
2. Place in a bowl with the eggs, yoghurt and other ingredients and mix to combine, Allow to sit for about 10 mins, just for the oats to soak in some of the liquid.
3. Spray a nonstick crepe pan placed over a low heat (make sure you don’t have the heat too high) with some cooking oil spray and cook the pancakes until you start to see bubbles appear on the surface (I use 2.5 tbs of batter per pancakes, which gave me 8 pancakes) and then carefully flip over. A spatula should slide under easily if it doesn’t, they are not quite done.
4. I cook two pancakes at a time so that there is enough room on the pan to easily flip over.
5. Repeat with the mixture
6. Serve the pancakes with fruit or health toppings of choice (please don’t add up the calories here!)
Add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup drizzled over the top for 2 syns.
So, you can now enjoy Pancake Day with no guilt what so ever! This can be your new way to eat cleaner and healthier pancakes – why not try them with grilled lean bacon at the weekend? There’s no need to miss out if you choose to cook the Bodyline way!